Assistant office manager you will help the organization with budget monitoring, financials and the scheduling of expenditures. You will also take some action to maintain the facilities and other office supplies arrangements .
- Interpersonal skills play a large role in being an office manager. You’ll be required to have a positive attitude, greet visitors and engage in teamwork. Office managers tend to have a varied skill set that helps them effectively do their job.
- Reliability and discretion: because you will know more confidential information.
- Multitasker ability to work on dozen of responsibilites
- Problem Assesment – So you should have the ability to collect, analyze, and evaluate data in order to make sound and effective decisions or develop solutions to problems.
- Adaptability – So you have the quality of being able to adjust to new conditions.
- Communication, negotiation and relationship-building skills.
- IT skills
- Creating and keeping deadlines.
- Delegation of tasks. So, you have to assign responsibility or authority to another person to carry out specific activities.
- Goal setting and meeting goals.
- Decision making. Because you need to be part process of making important decisions.
- Managing appointments.
- Team management is your ability to administer and coordinate a group of individuals to perform a task. So, Team management involves teamwork, communication, objective setting and performance appraisals.
- Project management.
- Making schedules.
Good to have skills
- Creative problem solving
- Initiative. So, your ability to assess and initiate things independently.
- Leadership and ability to ‘make things happen’
- Teambuilding and supervision
- Scheduling is the process of arranging, controlling and optimizing work and workloads in your organization. So, you may need to handle some serious scheduling work.
- Planning is the process of thinking about the activities required to achieve a desired goal. So, It is the first and foremost activity to achieve desired results. Because, it involves the creation and maintenance of a plan, such as psychological aspects that require conceptual skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Budget preparation and management. So, you will do many managerial tasks.
- Decision making produces a final choice, which may or may not prompt action. So, you will have to take some important decisions.
- Prioritization of activities so that you can arrange items or activities in order of importance relative to each other.
- Report and document preparation
- Records management
- Time management to you is the key to success. So, you need to process planning and exercising conscious control of time spent on specific activities, especially to increase effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity.
Office managers perform many tasks with responsibilities that range from ordering office supplies to following up on customer complaints. They often act as the glue that holds the other departments together as they shuttle from one part of the office to the other, depositing issues into the proper hands and picking up problems to be solved.
The average pay for an Administrative / Office Manager is $16.82 per hour. The average pay for an Administrative / Office Manager is $46,610 per year.
Secure 256 bit SSL encryption