Accounting Finance Resume Examples – how to write one?
2021 Accounting Finance Resume Examples(100+ success stories)
Accounting Finance Resume Examples for job seekers who want to get inspired then join the success stories of thousands of buildfreesume subscribers.
So now you’ll discover 118 success stories.
Then you can build the best accounting finance resume from these examples.
Also these resume examples are real life example of our buildfreesume resume builder users.
It is no secret that a well-written and convincing accounting and finance resume will make the hiring managers read more.
And our resume templates are designed by the best resume experts who have created hundreds of accounting and finance resume templates.
What you will gain from this post?
- An accounting finance resume example better than all other resume examples.
- How to write your own accountant resume that will land more interviews.
- Then learn from real life resume samples.
- So tips and examples from success stories. Then how to place professional summary on an accounting finance resume.
- How to put your experience, skills and education on a resume for accounting and finance to land the dream job.
- So get inspired by the success stories and motivate yourself.
- Whether you’re looking for a job change or new to job market both will acquire more knowledge.
Accounting Finance Real Life Resume Examples
You can create the best accounting and finance resume in 10 minutes? So build your resume with our resume builder.
Our resume builder is build on most advance technology and it will suggest content for your resume.
Try the 100+ resume templates customization options and build your resume.
Financial Accountant Resume Examples:
Prepares monthly statements by collecting data; analyzing and investigating variances; summarizing data, information, and trends.
Then also prepares state quarterly and annual statements by assembling data.
What is the best format for financial accountant?
Chronological – Chronological resume template is actually ordered or re-arranged in the reverse chronological order.
So you have to mention your work history in the reverse order, according to dates.
And then begin with your most current position and end with the earliest.
So most of the employers prefer this format of resume.
How to write the header for financial accountant?
Yes, you heard it clear. So you need to write your resume header professionally.
- So the contact number or email is must.
- Then you should use a professional sounding email address.
- But you may skip the entire address and only write street name or city or state.
- Avoid headers with Passport information, marital status, family, siblings information or salary etc.
How to write the “Professional Summary” for financial accountant?
Below is an example of accounting and finance resume where the candidate has written a wrong “Professional Summary”.
In the above accounting and finance resume example the candidate starts with “I” which the wrong start to writing your “Professional Summary”.
Also, this candidate did not write any concrete measurable achievement which an aspiring candidate should mention.
So the above resume sample will not be accepted by the hiring manager and will be rejected under few seconds.
How to write the “Professional Summary” for a fresher seeking financial accountant job?
Here the candidate has written an objective in the professional summary section.
Jane:who has no experience or new to the job market has well-drafted an accounting and finance resume.
Fresh accounting and finance resume “Professional Summary” –
- Here the candidate shows the eagerness to learn new skills and so it attracts hiring manager’s attention.
- And her ability to stick to work ethics. So, this bring more energy.
- Also tells the employer that she is efficient.
- So draws positive attitude.
- Thought no absolute numbers to show but emphasizes on team work.
Then below Accounting and finance resume brings positive vibes to the hiring manager.
Accounting and Finance Resume Example
Another fresher who is looking for accounting and finance job.
Let’s check Sana’s first job resume.
Things to learn from this fresh accounting and finance resume “Professional Summary” –
- Here the candidate shows her leadership skills and so it attracts hiring manager’s attention.
- And her ability to strengthen relationships. So, this bring more energy.
- Also tells the employer that she is a strong networker.
- So draws positive attitude.
Accounting and Finance Resume Example
How to write the “Professional Summary” for a 5+ years seeking financial accountant job?
Below are three examples of accounting and finance resumes.
Here a 5+ years experienced candidate has written a wrong “Professional Summary”
Here, the candidate has strong Information Technology skills and experience account payable clerk.
But, the “Professional Summary” fails to attract the hiring manager.
The below accounting and finance resume is of a candidate with 10+ years experience but not able to write “Professional Summary”.
In spite of long and successful career as a Finance Controller / Audit Head the candidate fails to grab the hiring manager attention and so the resume is rejected in few seconds.
This candidate did not clearly mentioned any of achievements or highlights in terms of number or size.
But only bragging about accounting and finance will not land you more interviews.
So it is what you can offer to the organization and how you will help it to grow.
Another Credit Controller accounting and finance resume of a candidate with 15+ years experience but not able to write “Professional Summary”.
But if you can’t write a formidable “Professional Summary” then your resume is never shortlisted for an interview.
You can check more account and finance resume examples here.
Correct way to write “Professional Summary” – accounting finance resume examples
Read the job post and then summarize the best you have to offer to your potential employer.
So your resume summary should include the achievements or milestone.
You should then include the keywords and then include actions verbs in your professional resume summary.
So to structure your resume summary use few lines about you and then follow it with 4 to 5 lines of bulleted text.
But never write “I, me, my” in your professional summary.
So it is worth to mention concrete figure like $1 million revenue figure achieved or lead successfully many projects or customers etc.
It is important for you to keep your resume interesting.
Accounting and Finance Resume Example
What you can learn from this recommended accounting and finance resume “Professional Summary” –
- Here the candidate shows that he works for a global industry and this attracts hiring manager’s attention.
- And the ability to work in a fast paced environment. So, this bring more energy.
- Also tells the employer that he already $10 million USD.
- So it speaks his ability and so draws positive attitude.
- Then clearly defined the technology know how and his ability to adapt learn new things.
- Also shows that he has in-depth knowledge of accounting and finance.
How to write the “Skills” for financial accountant?
Your resume should include some soft skills which you could then offer to your potential employer.
Top “Soft Skills” the employers look for in a candidate are –
- Ability to Work Under Pressure.
- Attention to Detail
- Decision Making
- Humble Independence
- Interpersonal Skills
- Positive Attitude
- Problem Solving Abilities
- Time Management
Top “Technical Skills” which are in demand are –
- Belina Payroll
- Dove Payroll
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV (ERP)
- SAP Concur
- ReadSoft IXOS
- SAP GSAP
- Optical Character Recognition Work Flow (OCR, OCR WF)
- SAP Blueprint
- QuickBooks and AccountEdge
- SAP Legacy Magellan & Lumion
- SAP SERP
- SAP R3
How to write the “Experience” – accounting finance examples?
Now list your work history in the reverse chronological order.
Tips to include experience on your resume are listed below –
- At first you should add the most recent or the present job.
- Then write about the job you had previously before it, then the one you had and so on.
- Also you should include the Name of company, location and start/end date for the job.
- The resume example below shows how the candidate has written the experience details.
But if non-disclosure-agreement doesn’t allow you to mention the company then you can write Confidential.
Then you have to write few lines about your job, role and team size.
So you can opt to mention some important work assignments or projects.
But you should make use of action verbs. Use bulleted text to highlight.
How to write the “Education” – accounting finance resume examples?
Let’s talk about the information you should include in your educational qualification section.
Then you need to mention the name of your school or college or institute.
Also you should include if any degree or diploma or certification obtained.
And also include the location of institution.
It is good to mention your field of study.
Then list the education with college information, year of graduation, diploma etc. You can leave the GPA pr percentage.
Then you may also add a description about your education. Also you can include any minor or other activities.
But this is for fresh college graduates only.
Some of the “Certifications” – accounting finance resume examples
- Intacct Accountant Partner
- SUN Microsystems AR Module
- SUN Microsystems AP Module
- Continental Business Systems Practitioner
- Lean Six Sigma
- Project Management
Then you can include additional sections in your resume like –
- Honors and Awards
This is a complete guide to the best accounting and finance resume.
Let me summarize the points which you’ve discussed so far.
- Carefully read the job post. Then write in bulleted points what you could offer.
- Write your name at the top. Also you should use a bigger font size of your resume.
- Then follow it with your contact details that too in a relatively smaller font size.
- And you can add a headline to your resume.
- Write brief professional summary and add action verbs in the bulleted list below these statements.
- But don’t forget to add some skills to your resume.
- Then your work history in the reverse chronological order with the most recent at the top followed the previous experiences.
- Also mention your qualification with the degree, diploma, certification if any.
- Then you can also add technical skills if any.
- But don’t create boring and long resumes.
- Also avoid long story writings and should concentrate on your career highlights and achievements.
- Always remember to use power keywords for your industry.
Some of the popular resume examples –