Administrative Support Resume Examples
They are administrative workers are those who provide assistance to a company.
There are many ways to land more interviews. Here we will discuss one of the primary ways to land more interviews.
So now you’ll discover 135 success stories and then you can make the best résumé from these examples.
As an assistant you’ll have to be the master of many traits. This is an important position in an organization.
These resume examples are real life example of our buildfreesume users.
Introduction – Administrative Support Resume Examples
It is no secret that a well-written and convincing resume will make the hiring managers read more.
What you will gain from this post?
- Resume example better than all other resume examples.
- How to write your own resume that will land more interviews.
- Then learn from real life resume samples.
- Then tips and examples from success stories.
- So get inspired by the success stories and motivate yourself.
- How to place professional summary on an administrative assistant resume.
- How to put your experience, skills and education on a resume for administrative assistant to land the dream job.
- Whether you’re looking for a job change or new to job market both will acquire more knowledge.
You’ll learn many new things and some old tricks. It is better to learn some new skills.
Real Life Résumé Examples
You can create the best admin resume in 10 minutes? So build your resume with our resume builder.
Our resume builder is build on most advance technology and it will suggest content for your resume.
Administrative Support Résumé Examples:
Administrative workers are those who provide necessary help to a company. They form an important part of the organization.
This job might include all general office management. You will need to speak with clients, answer phones, assist an employer or other clerical work (including maintaining records and entering data), or other tasks.
This individual should carry a friendly attitude and smile. Being gentle and polite will help the worker.
There many many professionals who fail to under the basics of appearing in an interview. Also, you should try to develop soft skills or qualities to remain in a good job.
What is the best resume template format?
Chronological – The resume template is actually ordered in the reverse chronological order.
So you have to mention your work history in the reverse order, according to dates.
And then begin with your most current position and end with the earliest.
So most of the employers prefer this format of resume.
How to write the resume header for administrative support?
Yes, you heard it clear. So you need to write your resume header professionally.
- Contact number or email is must.
- Then you should use a professional sounding email address.
- Also you may skip the entire address and only write street name or city or state.
- But don’t write any personal information on the header.
- Passport information, date of birth, family information shouldn’t shared.
- You should use a professional email address.
- If using voice mail then you should leave a professional message.
Sample of a wrong “Professional Summary”
Below is an example of resume where the candidate has written a wrong Professional Summary.
In the above resume example the candidate starts the “Professional Summary” with “I” which the wrong start to writing your Professional Summary.
Also, the candidate did not write any measurable achievement which an aspiring candidate should mention in the summary.
So the above resume example will be rejected under few seconds. No hiring manager will be interested in such a resume.
How to write the “Professional Summary” for a fresher?
Here the candidate has written an objective in the professional summary section.
What we can learn from this fresh resume “Professional Summary” –
- Then here is the candidate who shows eagerness to learn new skills.
- So it attracts hiring manager’s attention.
- Then her ability to stick to work ethics. So, this bring more energy.
- Also tells the employer that she is efficient.
- So draws positive attitude.
- Thought no absolute numbers to show but emphasizes on team work.
The below administrative assistant resume brings positive vibes to the hiring manager.
Another fresher who is looking for administrative assistant job.
Let’s check Sana’s first job resume.
Things to learn from this fresh resume “Professional Summary” –
- Candidate shows her leadership skills.
- So it attracts hiring manager’s attention.
- Then her ability to strengthen relationships.
- So, this bring more energy.
- Also tells the employer that she is a strong networker.
- So draws positive attitude.
How to write the resume “Professional Summary” for a 5+ years seeking administrative support job?
Below are three examples of administrative support/office assistant/office manager resume.
Check this 5+ years experienced candidate who has written a wrong “Professional Summary”.
The candidate has strong computer skills and experience account payable clerk.
But, the “Professional Summary” fails to attract the hiring manager.
Check the administrative support resume below of a candidate.
Who has 10+ years experience but not able to write “Professional Summary”.
In spite of long and successful career as a Office Manager; the candidate fails to grab the hiring manager attention.
So the resume is rejected in few seconds.
The candidate hasn’t clearly mentioned any of the achievements or accomplishments in terms of concrete number or size.
But only bragging about leadership qualitieswill not land you more interviews.
It is what you can offer to the organization and how you will help it to grow.
Another Office Assistant administrative support resume of a candidate.
This candidate has 15+ years experience but not able to write “Professional Summary”.
If you can’t write a promising “Professional Summary” then your resume will never be shortlisted for an interview.
You can check more administrative support resume examples here.
Correct way to write “Professional Summary”
Read the job post and then summarize the best you have to offer to your potential employer.
So your resume summary should include the achievements or milestone.
Then you should then include the keywords.
Also include actions verbs in your professional resume summary.
So how to structure your resume summary?
Just use few lines about you and then follow it with 4 to 5 lines of bulleted text.
But never write “I, me, my” in your professional summary.
So it is worth to mention in monetary terms like $20k cost savings or save $5k in organizing events or engaged customers etc.
Whether is a support job or any job in the office. You should always try to contribute to the employer.
This does help you in the long run. So, while writing the summary you should focus on things that matter to an organization.
But don’t write long stories of how you’ve achieved something and saved hundreds of thousands for the company.
It is important for you to keep your resume interesting.
Things to learn from this recommended resume “Professional Summary” –
- Here the candidate shows that he works for a global industry.
- So this attracts hiring manager’s attention.
- Then the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- So, this bring more energy.
- Also tells the employer that he already $10 million USD.
- Which speaks about his ability and so draws positive attitude.
- Then clearly defines the technology know how and his ability to adapt learn new things.
- Also shows that he has in-depth knowledge of accounting and finance.
How to write the “Skills” for admin support?
Your resume should include some soft skills which you could then offer to your potential employer.
Top “Soft Skills” the employers look for in a candidate are –
- Adept in Technology
- Verbal & Written Communication
- Filing / paper management
- Good Typing Speed
- Equipment handling.
- Customer service skills
- Research skills
- Time Management
- Office Coordination
- Strategic Planning
- Anticipates Needs
Other “Skills” which are in demand are –
- Accuracy and good attention to detail
- An ability to stay calm and tactful under pressure
- Confidence with IT and computer packages
- Good organization skills
- Good time management
- Self motivation
- Good communications skills, written and verbal
How to write the “Experience” for admin support?
Now, the simple answer to listing experience is that you can opt for the reverse chronological order.
Tips to include experience on your resume are listed below –
- At first you should add the most recent or the present job.
- Then you should then write about the job you had previously before it.
- You should include the Name of company, location and start/end date for the job.
- The resume example below shows how the candidate has written the experience details.
In case of a non-disclosure-agreement you can write the company name as Confidential.
Then you have to write few lines about your job, role and team size.
So you can opt to mention some important work assignments or projects.
But you should make use of action verbs. Use bulleted text to highlight.
How to write the resume “Education” for administrative support?
Let’s talk about the information you should include in your educational qualification section.
Then you need to mention the name of your school or college or institute. You can skip the GPA or percentage. If the score is better than you can mention your GPA or percentage.
Also you should include if any degree or diploma or certification obtained.
Then also include the location of institution.
It is good to mention your field of study.
Then mention year of graduation, certification, diploma etc. But only mention your GPA or Percentage if it is a better score or leave it.
Also you may add a description about your education to include any minor or other activities.
But this is for fresh college graduates only.
Some of the “Certifications” admin support
- International Facility Management Association (IFMA)
- ATU’s Uniform Certified Office Manager Examination
The Exam tests the following:
- The Office Environment
- Office Competencies
- Managing Information to Enhance Productivity
- Communicating in Written Form
- Communicating Orally
- Telephone Communications
- Banking and Payroll
- Financial Reports and Procedures
- Time and Workstation Management
- Meetings and Travel
- Records Management
- Processing Mail
- Planning and Advancing Your Career
- Ongoing Professional Development
Then you can include additional sections in your resume like –
- Honors and Awards
This is a complete guide to the best administrative support resume examples.
Let me summarize the points which you’ve discussed so far.
- Carefully read the job post. Then write in bulleted points what you could offer.
- Write your name at the top, you should use a bigger font size of your resume.
- Then follow it with your contact details that too in a relatively smaller font size.
- And you can add a headline to your resume.
- Write the professional summary in maximum 2 to 3 lines.
- Then you should include action verbs in the bulleted list below these statements.
- But don’t forget to add some skills to your resume.
- Then your experience should be listed in the reverse chronological order.
- Also mention your qualification with the degree, diploma, certification if any.
- Then you can also add technical skills if any.
- But don’t create boring and long resumes.
- Also you should avoid vague writings
- Just concentrate on your career highlights and achievements.
- Always remember to use power keywords for your industry.
Some of the popular post you may like-