Office manager also known as administrative service managers or the business office manager.
Who are responsible for making sure that a company’s support staff is running smoothly.
So, an office manager maintains services by organizing office operations and procedures.
Then they prepares payroll and controls correspondence.
Also designs the filing systems; review and approve supply requisitions
Then assign and monitor clerical functions.
Office managers serve a critical role in your company.
So they make sure that day-to-day operations run smoothly. Then that others in the business can perform their jobs effectively.
So hiring effective staff is vital for an office manager.
But, the amount of education and experience needed to become an office manager depends on the work environment.
So, experience and a high school diploma may be enough for small offices.
While larger ones may require a degree.
Because strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are a must to succeed in this career.
Responsibilities could include –
- Data entry
- Reception duties
- Motivating and training an administrative staff
- Some traditional human resources tasks, such as managing expenses, payroll or training.
In some offices, the office manager is expected also to manage the company budget and monitor goal percentages.
- Maintains office staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Organizing meetings and managing databases. So, you may need some IT skills to work on may be MS Outlook, MS Excel or MS Access or Office365 tools.
- Booking of transport and accommodation. But, this responsibility may be different for many office managers. Many may not need to handle this where a transport manger does it.
- Organizing company events or conferences. So, you need to handle many events in the organization.
- Ordering stationery and furniture. But, this may be different for each office manager.
- Dealing with correspondence, complaints and queries.
- Preparing letters, presentations and reports. So, you have to take jobs in one role.
- Supervising and monitoring the work of administrative staff. But, for some office manager this could be of a greater scope which may include more things.
Office Manager Resume Skills
Interpersonal skills play a large role in being an office manager.
Then you’ll be required to have a positive attitude. One usually greet visitors and engages in teamwork.
So office managers tend to have a varied skill set that helps them effectively do their job.
And we have mentioned some of the skills for the office manager.
But you may need to develop few more skills to standout from the rest.
Primary Skills – Office Manager Resume
- Unparalleled flexibility. So you are flexible to take many more jobs with ease.
- Be a star performer & do follow-through. So you take responsibility to complete an action or a planned series of actions.
- Accessibility. And this is about making things accessible to all people in the organization.
- Hopefulness and confidence about the future or the success of something.
- Excellent Communication. So, having good communication skills in the workplace. This is all about being able to convey information to people clearly and simply.
- Communicate in a way that means things are understood and get done.
- Inventiveness – So, use of imagination or original ideas to create something.
- Positive – It is your positive belief that in the future you can accomplish what things that you wishes to do.
- Anticipation – the action of anticipating something. So, you know what is coming :).
Good to have skills – Office Manager Resume
- You should always work towards customer satisfaction.
- Attention to details and your ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- You need to be organized. So, you should be able to plan one’s activities efficiently.
- Always mix with the office staff.
- Result Oriented. You need to organization that focuses on outcome rather than process used to produce a product or deliver a service.
- Team Player you need to work well as a member of a team.
- Open to feedback.
Additional Skills – Office Manager Resume
- Establish office management routines and stick to them.
- Ability to clearly define responsibilities.
- Keep records updated- So, you need to keep your business data records updated.
- Need to look around the office now and then. So, it is a good habit to check around the office.
- Schedule the tedious work.
- Delegate and outsource.
How to become certified Office Manager
- Degree level – Associate’s degree or some college; bachelor’s degree often preferred. So you may not need a degree too.
- Degree field – Accounting, business, or related area.
- Gain Work Experience. 2-5 years of related experience.
- Get Certified. International Facility Management Association (IFMA) offers the Certified Facility Manager (CFM) certification. Those interested can get certified in facility management.
Average Pay of Office Manager
The base salary for Office Manager ranges from $64,456 to $87,642 with the average base salary of $75,723.
The total compensation, which includes bonus, health and retirement.
So it can vary anywhere from $66,236 to $92,191 with the average total compensation of $77,859.
Many employers prefer managers to have some education beyond high school. So it may even require an associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree.
You can find office management certificate and associate’s degree programs at community colleges and vocational schools.
An office administrator has the responsibility of ensuring that the administrative activities run efficiently.
They do it by providing structure to other employees throughout the organization.
Secure 256 bit SSL encryption
You can check our customer reviews here.